Futaleufu


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Los Lagos » Futaleufu
January 5th 2017
Published: January 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

It was already an adventure to get there, once I got there, I got stuck for a week cause there is only one bus per week. It was a happy accident though cause it became one of my favourite places ever!! It is a tiny town not too far from the border of Argentina and at the beginning of the carretera austral which is the unpaves road of Chilean Patagonia. The hostal was all built in wood with massive windows so when I arrived on a sunny day, it gave uch an incredible view on the surroundings. Everybody in the hostal stayed for longer than they planned due to the live of the place and then because of buses or weather! So we all got to become friends which was great for the new year!
Thanks to a wonderful Christmas present from my parents, I was able to do lots of fun activitiies here like rafting on this river which is in the top 3 worldwide of rivers to raft! I loved it so much I did it two days in a row! I had the same guide both days and he managed to never make us flip over, so I absolutely adored him for his talent haha!! The other boat on the second day did not have the same talent and a whole family of 6 found themselves in for a swim! Was fun to watch though!!
New year eve, we had a lovely dinner at the hostal where everybody cooked together and later followed by the one and only party place in town.... the fire station!! It was nice to find all the rafters and the hostal people together in one place, there was even some traditional dancing going on!!
After new year, the weather turned sour but on our last day there, it did not stop us from taking a kayak lesson on a quieter river called espolon!
A fantastic place, living by a river is the best!!

Ps: rafting pics to come...


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

IMG_9951IMG_9951
IMG_9951

A ray of sun


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb