Hello Grand Tetons


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming
August 19th 2016
Published: August 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Crowheart, WYCrowheart, WYCrowheart, WY

Our scenery as we drove through WY.
Surprise, we have WiFi at our cabin at Signal Mountain in the Tetons.

We left Riverton at 9 this morning with rain and 57 degrees. A bit chilly compared to what it has been. We headed northwest toward Grand Tetons NP. We made a pit stop in Dubois, WY (the first inhabited town we came to) & walked through a General Store. Around noon we entered the Grand Tetons & started on the 42-mile scenic loop. We immediately saw a heard of bison, pronghorn antelope, & a tremendous herd of horses. We proceeded on our scenic tour, stopping to view the Snake River with the Grand Teton Mt (13,770') & Moran Mt (12,605') in the background. Jackson, WY is a great resort town--busy in the summer as well as the winter. The ski slopes of Jackson Hole ski area looked very steep. We had a couple more adventures today--one was a dirt road that was part of the Moose/Wilson route. Thought we might see some wildlife, but no luck. Next we took the Jenny Lake Loop & viewed the beautiful Jenny Lake and The Cathedral Mt. group. We made it to the top of Signal Mountain via Signal Mt. Road. The top of the mountain was 7727' elevation. Jackson Lake was beside us on part of the road. Once we reached the top we had amazing views of the Jackson Hole Valley. This was the second thrilling adventure of the day as the road was narrow and the cliff over the edge was almost more than Carolyn & I could stand! Carolyn stayed in the car when we got to the top.

We checked into our lodge/cabin and thoroughly enjoyed sitting in the sun on our porch with a view of Jackson Lake.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Large herd of horsesLarge herd of horses
Large herd of horses

Grand Teton Mt. on right in background with snow.
Snake River overlookSnake River overlook
Snake River overlook

Grand Teton Mt. in background
Jenny LakeJenny Lake
Jenny Lake

Cascade Canyon in background.
HikeHike
Hike

Did we hike this trail down to the water's edge?
Top of Summit Mt.Top of Summit Mt.
Top of Summit Mt.

Looking over Jackson Hole Valley
Jackson Hole ValleyJackson Hole Valley
Jackson Hole Valley

Another view.
Cabin 102Cabin 102
Cabin 102

Signal Mountain Lodge


26th August 2016

Do you ever feel like you just can't possibly absorb any more beauty??? Pics are fantastic!
26th August 2016

Wait til you see Glacier!
We re on overload of wondrous sites. No phone service or wifi so really been secluded. Will work on catching up.

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb