Nova Scotia Cruise


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Nova Scotia » Halifax
July 23rd 2000
Published: September 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Nova ScotiaNova ScotiaNova Scotia

First view of Nova Scotia
My first international adventure wasn’t much of an adventure rather than a relaxing cruise spent on a Carnival ship. My family and I took a five day cruise to the modern port city of Halifax, Nova Scotia. The cruise itself was a blast. There were several pools and hot tubes, great food, and something to keep everyone entertained including comedy shows.

Heading out of our port in New York City I was extremely excited for this Canadian adventure. As a young traveler and without much knowledge of Nova Scotia, I envisioned a lush forest expanding as far as my eyes could see, filled with a variety of wildlife, especially moose (for some reason I have a huge obsession with moose). I was rather shocked, and slightly disappointed to see that Halifax was a very modern city.

Halifax is a perfect place to visit if you enjoy cities. Shopping and museums can be found throughout the city and lighthouses dot the shoreline creating a pristine view for all to see. It really is a beautiful place but I was seeking more of an adventure.

Not big on cities, I decided to take a tour to Peggy’s Cove. I’ve heard that Peggy’s Cove is considered a Canadian gem and I would certainly agree. The lighthouse and boats that can be seen create a photographers dream. Unfortunately for me, my photography skills were lacking and I came away with few perfect pictures.

Being that this was a cruise, I only spent one day in Halifax. Although I never saw my moose or any other animal for that matter, I believe that this city should definitely be visited by all. With all you can do there I’d recommend spending more than one day, I certainly wish I did. And if you head that way, don’t forget your camera!!


"Adventure is worthwhile." ~ Amelia Earhart



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb